Asia Travel – “Let’s travel in Asia, the superlatives continent and of the geographical contrasts.”
Asia, called also the civilization continent, is the largest continent on Earth, being also the most populated continent of the world. Asian population is more than 60% of the population of the Globe. It surface constitutes 8.7% of the Earth’s total surface and 29.8% of its land area. Asia has also the largest average height of the world, 960 m (besides Antarctica, which is framed in the uninhabited continents group). The Asian relief is, as can be seen also from the average height of the continent, very high.
In central Asia, there are very high mountain ranges, from which we remember, Himalaya Mountains, Karakorum Mountains and the Caucasus Mountains in the far western part of Asia (in Turkey). Also, alongside these extremely high mountain ranges, here is the highest plateau of the world, Tibet Plateau with a height of over 5000 m, alongside the Pamir Plateau and Gobi Plateau.
In Himalayas, mountains are one of the highest peaks in the world, Mount Everest (8848m), located on the border between Nepal and China. This represents the highest point of the world.
Like others, records of the Asian relief are the largest peninsula in the world (Arabian Peninsula), the largest archipelago in the world (the Indonesian archipelago).
Asia synthesizes all the climate zones of the world. The climate is in a proportion of 30% semi-arid or arid.
Being a continent of ancient civilizations, tourism is a very important point for the most part of the continent. Besides the major sights, as places of religious pilgrimage, Jerusalem is the place of pilgrimage to Christians and Mecca to Muslims.
Therefore, an Asia Travel is individualized through the following specific elements:
- Taipei 101, Taiwan is the second tallest building in the world, with a height of about 509.3 m. The elevator in this building is also the fastest in the world, reaching speeds of up to 60km / h, uphill.
- The city of Samarkand from Uzbekistan is one of the oldest cities in the world, attested since the seventh century BC, as the capital of Sogdiana satrapies.
- The bridge from the Hangzhou Bay in China is the longest transoceanic bridge in the world.
- Grand Canal of China has nearly 1800 km length and is the longest artificial canal in the world.
- Lake Baikal is the deepest lake in the world (1620m) and contains 20% of the drinking water supply of the planet.
- Caspian Sea is the largest lake in the world. Although it is defined as a large, is actually a lake with an area of 370.000 km2.
- The Dead Sea which is the deepest valley in the world and is at 420m below the sea level.
Let’s have an Asia Travel, my dear readers, this wonderful star of the universe.